(two loaves - measure out to .8g fat per 1/10 loaf slice)
6-7 cup all-purpose Flour
2 packages Yeast
2 cups Milk (what ever version you use - I use 1/2%)
1/4 cup Sugar(I used an unrefined granulated sugar I get at my HFS)
1/4 cup Applesauce
2 teaspoons Salt
6 Egg Whites
cinnamon and sugar mix (1 cup Sugar to 4 tsn Cinnamon)
raisins if desired
- Mix 3 cups flour and yeast in large bowl.
- Warm milk, sugar, applesauce, salt over stove until warm to touch (115 deg). When
warm, mix into flour mixture, add eggs and beat at high speed for three minutes.
- Stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible. (I stirred in 3 cups.)
- Turn out on floured board and knead in as much of the rest of the flour as possible
to make a soft elastic dough.
- Put in greased bowl and let rise. (I used a touch of spray oil and covered with a wet
paper towel. Terry cloth will stick and make a mess.) Let rise until double (about 1
- Punch down. Divide in half. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Roll out into a 15"X7" rectangle (I used slightly larger because I have 9" loaf pans.)
Wet surface slightly with water and sprinkle with 1/2 cinnamon mixture, make sure
to get close to edges.
- Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Roll up like a jelly roll and tuck edges under. Put in
sprayed loaf pan and let rise until double, about 30-40 minutes. Bake at 375 deg
about 45 minutes or until done. (Once the bread gets nice and brown, cover with foil
and cook another 15 minutes.) Let cool some before cutting.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread