Little Leakers
Albumin

What is albumin? Protein that is found in the blood.  The body needs a certain amount of protein in the blood.
Where does albumin come from? Human blood can be separated into two basic categories, cellular materials (45%) and
plasma (55%). Plasma is 90% water; the remaining 10% consists of small amounts of various proteins, hormones,
salts, vitamins, and enzymes. Albumin is one of the many proteins found in plasma. It is prepared for medical use by
fractionating it from the plasma of healthy donors, and then heating it to inactivate any disease causing agents.

Would a person who refuses blood transfusions for religious reasons automatically also refuse the use of albumin? Not
necessarily. Many who would otherwise refuse blood transfusion therapy accept the medical use of blood fractions,
such as albumin. They do not view such blood fractions as the same as a potentially life sustaining transfusion of whole
blood, cells, or plasma. It is interesting to note that many protein fractions pass freely between a pregnant mother and
her fetus, whereas their bloodstreams remain distinct and singular.

Albumin, like many alternatives to blood transfusions, can be used effectively by physicians rendering non-blood
medical management to any patient who desires it. It is therefore an individual's responsibility to gain knowledge
about such choices, and thereafter make educated decisions that also maintain a clear conscience. Doing so enables
health care professionals to give the best care possible to an informed patient.

resource: bloodlessmed.com/pages/Techniques/ALBUMIN.htm
Please be aware that Albumin does have trace amounts of aluminum in it.  Your medical caregivers can check the
aluminum level by a blood test.  Something to keep in mind with long term therapy.  This does not down play the benefits
of albumin infusions.  Everything has a warning label attached to it.